Business Intelligence Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Business Intelligence Analyst for one of our Calgary based clients.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work with technical IT personnel and business analysts to provide data and analytics solutions to all business functions. Duties include creating data driven solutions, evaluating requirements, and preparing design reports. This is an outcome-focused role. The role will incorporate both hands on solutions delivery, vendor management, and the ability to collaborate with business functional to design long term data strategies. This role will provide actionable insights to the business through dashboards, reports and well architected data solutions that collect, cleanse and curate our data for seamless access and high availability to the end user.
- Create, refine and automate data processes to ensure information is collected and made available to the end user accurately, on-time and with minimal manual intervention.
- Retrieve, analyze and convert data into information through visual representation of the data.
- Actively identify and implement opportunities for improvement of data analytics and data management.
- Identify opportunities, deficiencies or gaps in data models within the organization and take ownership for the resolutions.
- Convert the within operational data stores into consumable formats for business
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong data modeling, data governance, metadata management and schema design skills.
- Experience collecting and presenting data visually
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) and Oracle reporting tools such as BI Publisher, OTBI.
- Experience using Power BI Pro at enterprise scale, with cloud and on-prem datasets. (Power BI cloud gateway, etc.)
- Experience using Excel, XML, REST API, and JSON
- Experience designing schema-on-read and schema-on-write data models.
- Experience working with structured data, semi-structured data, and unstructured data, including data manipulation and/or mining.
- Ability to create compelling data visualizations for decision making.
- Ability to independently gather and formally document requirements from business stakeholders, document functional and technical specifications and scope documents.
- Superior problem solving skills, as demonstrated in recent work history.
- A highly energetic self-starter with a verifiable ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high attention to detail and quality.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills across multiple levels of the organization, with the ability to challenge assumptions tactfully based on solid business and technical acumen.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience to create understanding.
- High degree of business acumen and an ability to understand operational use cases
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Certification in data platform/architecture, analytics and visualizations, or business intelligence.
- Certificate in Data Governance or Data Management is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a data analyst or business intelligence analyst role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org