Contract Business Analyst Opportunities
The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and synthesizing information from a large number of people who interact with the business, including customers, staff, IT personnel, and executives. The Business Analyst will act as a translator between the business unit and IT or other change agent, aligning the needs of the business with the capabilities that can be delivered. They are responsible for eliciting the actual needs of the stakeholders and not just their expressed wishes.
We are always looking to meet with Business Analysts at all levels in their career – from just starting out to Senior BAs. We have a number of contract opportunities available on client site across Western Canada. We would love to speak with you to determine your fit for these opportunities, or for future opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate and coordinate cross organization functional teams to determine and document detailed requirements, definitions, and objectives
- Analyze functional requirements and write detailed specifications including workflow charts and diagrams
- Analyze complex problems/business requirements and collaborate on innovative alternatives/solutions
- Define business processes by studying business needs and service offerings
- Track business analysis activity, resolve problems, publish progress reports, recommend actions
- Collect and analyze metrics and subsequently perform maintenance and updates to KPIs/metrics
- Design business templates, data requirements and other artifacts needed for stewardship and reporting
- Coordinate assigned projects, including creation of the project charter (with assistance), status reporting, requirement gathering, design, build, test, training, and rollout of projects
- Document, measure, and assist in the detailed requirement definition
- Perform process and gap analysis
Who you are:
- Experience as a Business Analyst on IT or Corporate projects, minimum of 3-5 years
- Experience developing detailed requirements specifications, systems documentation, and workflow procedures
- Experience in developing and documenting business solutions to business problems
- Must be able to deliver work on time and with high quality
- Proven ability to solve complex problems through research, logical evaluation, and inquiries
- Ability to determine, understand, and communicate clearly the validity, criticality, and scope of the project
- Experience organizing and facilitating workshops to flush out user requirements
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and a great listener
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Highly self-motivated, keen attention to detail and a team player
Who we are:
Our company philosophy that “all of us are better than one of us” has transformed what our clients expect from the consulting industry. Not only do we bring an A-team of people to the table, but we also provide unparalleled support, processes, oversight, packaged services, knowledge repositories and truly creative solutions to our clients.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online or by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Contract Business Analyst”
We thank all applicants for their interest and will endeavor to reply to all eligible candidates in a timely manner.
We are excited to meet you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org